How to Verify PayPal without Credit Card 2019 – In this digitalized era, many people opt to use PayPal as their main payment method. They have good reasons to do that. This payment platform offers diverse features that cannot be found in other platforms.
Whether you are a consumer or online merchant, you will find this platform very helpful. When you are establishing a PayPal account you will be asked to verify your account. This article is going to teach you how to verify PayPal without credit card. It is going to make your life a lot easier.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Verify PayPal without Credit Card 2019
- 1.1 How to Verify PayPal without Credit Card Information?
- 1.1.1 Bank Account
- 1.1.2 Virtual Credit Card
- 1.1.3 Prepaid Debit Card
- 1.2 Why Learning How to Verify PayPal without Credit Card?
- 1.3 How To Verify Paypal Without Bank Account 2019
- 1.4 Share this:
- 1.5 Related posts:
- 1.1 How to Verify PayPal without Credit Card Information?
How to Verify PayPal without Credit Card 2019
There are several reasons why people do not use credit card number to verify their PayPal accounts. Perhaps they do not own credit card account. As you may already know, some people are wary about owning credit card because the risk of debt. Credit card debt is the most frequent debt that people have around the world.
It can lead to bankruptcy too, if you are not careful. Another reason why people do not use credit card to verify accounts is that they do not want to disclose something as personal as credit card information. Although PayPal uses special encryption to secure users’ data, there are some who are still worried about data leaking.
How to Verify PayPal without Credit Card Information?
Credit card account is believed to be a pivotal component when you are dealing with online transaction. Although that may be true in some cases, you do not need to use it in every single transaction. However, you still have to own saving or checking account since it is crucial when you are sending or receiving money through PayPal. There is no way getting around that. Here are some methods that you can try out if you do not want to use credit card information for account verification.
How to verify PayPal without credit card information for consumer and merchant? You can utilize your bank account for this purpose. Consumer and merchant will go through different steps of verification since the types of accounts are different.
Here are the steps you need to follow if you own a small business:
- Access the signup webpage at https://www.paypal.com/signup/
- Select “Get Started” in a box called “PayPal for Business and Nonprofits”.
- Choose between three plans. If you want the free service, you should go to Standard box then select “Get Started” or “Apply Now”.
- Tap twice on “Create New Account”.
- Choose the type of your business, whether it is an individually owned or partnership.
- Type in your email address and password.
- Pick two security questions then answer them. You should memorize your answers in case you are locked out of your account in the future.
- Type down the code written at the bottom of your page. Select “Enter Code”.
- Fill in your business information on available place, such as: business name, products, average transaction, et cetera.
- Fill in your personal information, such as: name, address, and phone number.
- Select “Agree and Continue”.
- Open your email then confirm the account you just created by clicking a link.
- Sign into your account.
- Go to “Profile” then click on “Update Bank Account”.
- Enter your bank account information, including account number and routing number.
- Select “Continue”.
Steps on how to verify PayPal without credit card instead
- Go to the signup webpage at https://www.paypal.com/signup/
- Type in all necessary information required by the webpage.
- Access your email then confirm your PayPal account by clicking a link.
- Log into your existing account.
- Go to “Wallet”.
- Choose “+ Link a bank”.
- Pick your bank account type then click on “Agree and Link”.
The company is going to review the information that you had entered before verifying your account. This process normally takes two to three days. Once your account has been verified, you can finally utilize it for various transactions, domestic and even overseas.
Virtual Credit Card
If you do not have conventional credit card, you can get the virtual one to verify your PayPal account. It is considered safer than physical credit card because you can easily cancel it when fraudulent transaction occurs.
This digital card does not reveal your account’s actual information
- Obtain a virtual credit card from trusted vendor or bank.
- Register your card and fill similar information as you had filled into your PayPal account.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Go to “Summary” then a box called “More about your account”.
- Click “View your account limits”.
- Select “Lift limits” because your virtual credit card tends to have limited amount of transaction.
- Choose “Confirm bank or card” and then click “Next”.
- Go to “Wallet” and then “Add a card” to connect your virtual credit card account to the PayPal.
- Select “Confirm card”.
- Go to card statement to look at verification code from PayPal.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code to your account.
Once you have done that, your account can immediately be used for transaction. Virtual credit card is accepted worldwide. However, it is limited to phone and online transactions. You cannot utilize this card for in-store transaction. This is a great method on how to verify PayPal without credit card, especially if your main reason is because your fear for data security.
Prepaid Debit Card
Another way to verifying your account without using credit card is utilizing a prepaid debit card. Prepaid card is a card that is not connected to any bank account. You obtain this card from issuer then transfer certain amount of money to it in advance so it can be used. This type of debit card is disposable because of its characteristics.
Take a look at these following steps on how to verify PayPal without credit card utilizing prepaid card. You need to take note, though, that not all of prepaid card products will work. The ones that will work usually have logo from major payment processing firms.
You should do your research thoroughly
- Register for prepaid card by filling in similar information as written on your PayPal account.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Go to “Profile” then click on “Update card”.
- Hover your cursor on top of “Card type” then select your card type based on logo written on your prepaid card.
- Type in your prepaid card information, such as: expiry date and card verification number.
- Crosscheck your PayPal’s account billing address to ensure that is similar to the one written on to your card.
- Select “Add card”.
- Go to “Profile” and then click on “My Money”.
- Select “Complete Expanded Use Enrollment” if the link is available prior to account entry.
- Select “Get number” and “Continue”.
- Go to your account statement to obtain your 4-digit code.
- Verify your account by entering the code into available place.
- Click “Submit”.
Using prepaid card is an easy method if you do not want to experience the hassles of owning credit card. However, you cannot utilize prepaid card to conduct certain types of transactions. Nonetheless, this is a convenient way to control your spending.
Why Learning How to Verify PayPal without Credit Card?
This payment platform is still the most commonly used platform. You can conduct international transactions easily. If you own a business, it is a great way to approach bigger market segment.
Some people may think that they need to own credit card just to enjoy benefits that PayPal offer. But actually, you can verify PayPal using methods that have been explained in the previous section.
PayPal is still considered the most secured payment method. It is equipped with its own encryption which is designed to prevent data breach. Nonetheless, the risk of being caught amidst fraudulent transaction may still occur.
How To Verify Paypal Without Bank Account 2019
The best way to prevent this is by making sure that you are conducting transaction with verified merchant if you are a buyer. If you are an online seller, you should consider getting yourself verified too. That will certainly improve your sales.
PayPal enables you to conduct transaction conveniently. You can do it anytime and anywhere without being restricted with the bank’s operational hours. It helps you making immediate payment even if you and the recipient of that payment live in different time zones. You do not need to go outside of your house to make payment. Utilizing your personal computer or smartphone to do the transaction is enough.
If you are using PayPal, you are also eligible to receive certain discounts. Just be careful not to get overboard with it. As you see, learning how to verify PayPal without credit card is quiet important. Even if you do not have credit card, you can still utilize this payment processing platform. You will see how comfortable your shopping or business activity has become after utilizing it.