How to Make a PayPal Account without Credit Card 2019 – Having a PayPal account is really useful. It is a virtual payment system that works all around the world. Members are able to make purchase from worldwide merchants. The account can also be used to send money to other people who live faraway.
Receiving money through this payment system is made possible too. If you are a merchant, it is not difficult to set up your own payment channel which is directed to the specific store. Perhaps it will be useful to know how to make a PayPal account without credit card 2019.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Make a PayPal Account without Credit Card 2019
How to Make a PayPal Account without Credit Card 2019
Why such knowledge could be important? Thanks to development of technology, credit card has found an equal match as payment method. In the past, it is used not only for its credit system, but also because of the broad usability.
PayPal has similar broad usage, but if user does not connect it to a credit card account, the credit system is not applied to it. Another reason is that credit card information can be very private to some people. Although PayPal is quite secure, there are some people who do not want to take risks.
Methods on How to Make PayPal Account without Credit Card 2019
Before learning how to make a PayPal account without credit card 2019 it is perhaps worthy to know the features of linking PayPal account to credit card account. When making a payment using this payment processor, certain amount of money will be taken out of account balance.
If the balance is less than the amount required to make payment, when account is linked to a credit card, remaining payment will be charged to the card. If not, user will not be able to make payment.
When user does not have sufficient amount of money in their balance or debit card account, a credit card company will lend the money first to fund their purchases or payments. At the end of month, user will receive bill from the credit card company.
It is very convenient way making payment. However, it is important to note that responsible usage of credit card is necessary for its holders. It means that card holder should always remember to pay off their balance when the bill arrives.
When an account has already been established, it is quite easy to link credit card to that account. You simply need to follow these steps.
- Sign into the account using registered email address and password.
- Click on a link named “Wallet” located on top of webpage.
- Hover cursor on “Credit and debit cards” and then click on dropdown menu “Link a card”.
- Fill all credit card information requested by the webpage.
- Click on “Link Card”.
- User will receive 4-digit PayPal code on the statement.
- Visit “Wallet” once again when you have received the code.
- Select credit card that should be confirmed.
- Type down 4-digit code on available bar.
- Click on “Confirm card”.
- The registered credit card can already be used for transactions.
Knowing how to make a PayPal account without credit card 2019 is important since money account is required for transactions, especially for money transfer. Here are several alternatives to creating account without using credit card.
Using Debit Card and Bank Account
What to do if someone does not own a credit card or simply does not wish to link it to PayPal account? Instead of using credit card, account owner can utilize bank account or debit card. They work in similar manner as credit card. Go through these steps to establish an account using bank account and debit card.
- Access PayPal website at https://www.paypal.com/.
- Click on “Sign up” that is located on the right corner of webpage.
- Choose between “Buy with PayPal” or “Receive Payments with PayPal”. The choice depends on primary objective of establishing an account.
- Choose region by the list.
- Enter email address and password that are going to be used as login credentials.
- Select “Continue”.
- Fill a short form inquiring for user’s personal information, such as: full name, phone contact, and valid address.
- Fill debit card or bank account information. The types of debit card accepted by PayPal are similar to the credit card. This payment processor can be linked to MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards.
- Fill bank account information.
- Choose whether to apply for PayPal credit or not.
- Confirm email address by clicking on “Activate My Account” written on confirmation email by PayPal.
- The PayPal account can be used after receiving confirmation of account linkage.
This method on how to make a PayPal account without credit card 2019 will also work for prepaid gift card. The gift card used for sign up process should also have logo of MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover.
These gift cards already have certain amount of money in them and can be reloaded easily whenever the holders wish to. Some gift cards will charge a fee for usage. It depends on the loaded amount of gift card.
After learning how to make a PayPal account without credit card 2019 by using debit card or bank account, you should know the advantages of utilizing this method. Some people fear for breach of information issue when linking their real bank account to this account.
However, when you are making payment to another party using PayPal, the recipient will not get bank account information. There is little to no chance of unauthorized payment done using the account.
This payment processor is keeping track of every transaction that user is doing. User can monitor their account activities as well because PayPal will send virtual receipt whenever a transaction has occurred. Another great thing that user who has linked their bank account to this account can get is cashing out their balance.
You can easily withdraw money from PayPal account to your own bank account with few simple steps. Unlike payment, though, the activity of withdrawing money from account balance will usually be incurred of charge.
- Sign into PayPal account.
- Hover cursor on “PayPal balance” located on the left side of webpage then click on dropdown menu named “Withdraw money”.
- Type in the amount that is going to be withdrawn.
- Choose withdrawal method available.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Read over withdrawal details to make sure that everything is correct.
- Click on “Withdraw”.
Omit Card and Bank Account Information During Registration
Do you know that fill in card and bank account information during PayPal account registration is an optional step? User is not obliged to do this step if they do not wish to. Here are the steps to do that.
- Go to PayPal’s website at https://www.paypal.com/.
- Click on link called “Sign up” on the right corner of webpage.
- Make a choice between “Buy with PayPal” or “Receive Payments with PayPal”. It depends on main objective of creating an account.
- Select your region from the list.
- Type in email address and password to be used as login credentials in the future.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Fill a form for account user’s personal information, such as: legal name, phone number, and registered address.
- When asked to fill credit or debit card information, click on “I’d rather link my bank first”.
- When prompted to fill bank information, click on “I’ll link my bank later”.
- Choose whether to apply for PayPal credit or not.
- Go to registered email.
- Click on “Activate My Account” written on confirmation email sent by PayPal.
- The PayPal account can be used immediately for certain activities.
If the account is already linked to card or bank account, user can simply unlink it.
How to make a PayPal account without credit card 2019 using this method?
- Sign into PayPal account using email address and password.
- Click “Wallet” that is located on top of webpage.
- Select on credit or debit card that you want to remove from the account.
- Click on “Remove card”.
There are some instances when this method will not work. It cannot be done when there is a pending transaction in the account and user does not have other debit or credit card account to cover it.
If that particular card acts as secondary payment method to instant bank transfers. The card cannot be removed when the balance of your account is negative. It must be at zero or positive state if the card is going to be removed.
Some limitations occur if there is no linked card or bank account. User may receive budging reminders to add card or bank information whenever they access the account. That can be pretty annoying to some people.
User can no longer make payment through PayPal in this condition, unless they somehow manage to have sufficient balance for transactions. It is possible to receive payment if there is no linked money account.
However, the transferred money will only remain as PayPal balance and cannot be withdrawn. Nonetheless, learning how to make a PayPal account without credit card 2019 is still a good thing to know.