How to Get and Use Credit Card Validator 2018 – Nobody will ever doubt the importance of credit card as economical tool in this modern age. Many people who are in productive age tend to own one for them. Credit card helps people paying for goods and services while they may not own money to do that at that time of payment.
It can be used in multiple different platforms, both online and offline. You just need to make sure that your credit card is valid at the time of its usage. This article will help you learning how to get and use credit card validator.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Get and Use Credit Card Validator 2018
- 1.1 How to Get and Use Credit Card Validator to Make Sure That Your Card is Valid?
- 1.2 How to Get and Use Credit Card Validator: Luhn Algorithm for Calculation
- 1.3 Share this:
- 1.4 Related posts:
How to Get and Use Credit Card Validator 2018
Having a valid credit card is important in transactional and non-transactional activities. If you want to ensure that payment that you are making will properly work, your credit card needs to be validated first. Invalid credit card will result in rejection from the merchant while you are trying to make purchase.
When you are conducting non-transactional activities such as web testing, your credit card has to be valid as well. There are many other uses of valid credit card which make it necessary to learn using validator.
How to Get and Use Credit Card Validator to Make Sure That Your Card is Valid?
Validator for credit card will help you determine whether your card can be used for your specific purposes. There are several methods on how to get and use credit card validator which will be explained in the following part.
Contacting Credit Card Issuer for Validation
Some credit card holders may use their cards continuously for every type of purchase. However, there are other people who still prefer cash or debit card to conduct day to day transactions. Those who do not use their credit cards regularly may not be aware of status of their cards.
The best way to get information on this matter is by contacting the credit card issuer. You will not only receive validation of your credit card. Information related to your credit card working status, balance, and limit will be given by the company too.
Your best shot will be by contacting the issuer’s customer service. You should prepare some information beforehand so that employees of the company will be able to identify your credit card.
The information may include card holder’s name, credit card number, and card security code. Perhaps, you are also required to mention other identifying information such as address used during application process and the ZIP code.
Contacting card issuer as method on how to get and use credit card validator does not only work for credit card holder. Merchant can also do this to protect their business from fraud.
There scammers who try to make purchase using credit card that is not validated. If merchant grants such fraudulent purchases, they will experience loss of income which has negative consequences on their business.
First of all, during purchase, merchant should request buyer to provide some credit card details. Details usually include card verification code, card holder’s address and ZIP code, and the card number.
When you are contacting the issuer to validate credit card in question you should have prepared information related to your business too. Follow these steps to do it.
- Identify the credit card issuer from one specific purchase that you want to validate.
- Call the issuer’s customer service.
- Tell the officer your merchant number and phone number.
- Relay customer’s credit card details and purchase code.
- Wait for the issuer to verify the transaction.
Online Validator for Credit Card
It seems like there are only few methods on how to get and use credit card validator more convenient than using online validator. These validators are available widely on the internet.
The websites offer credit card validating service for free. Not only that, some of them also enable you to generate valid credit card numbers which can be utilized for non-transactional purposes. These sites are not difficult to navigate too. They can detect credit card issued by many institutions, particularly the major ones.
How to find it? You can employ the help of search engine to do that. Here are the steps that you can follow.
- Access your favorite search engine.
- Type down “credit card validator” on your search bar and then click enter.
- There will be many options available to you. Click on one of the links.
Of course, each validator works differently. However, they tend to have similar way of working. You will be asked to type or paste down the credit card number which you are going to validate on available bar. Once you have clicked enter, the validator will process your credit card number then decide whether your card is valid.
You have to remember that when you are typing down the credit card number, you must remove all strips and dashes which might be written on the credit card or wherever you got the number from.
These strips and dashes were written there because they make it easier for people to read the number. However, their presence in the credit card number which you need to validate will make it difficult for the algorithm when making calculation.
Smartphone Application for Validating Credit Card
How to get and use credit card validator for your smartphone? Lucky for your, there are software developers who offer credit card validating applications for smartphone users. Most of these applications come for free. It is certainly more convenient for you to access the validator directly from your phone.
Here are the steps to get the application for Android users.
- Access Play Store from your phone.
- Type down “credit card validator” on your search bar.
- Click “Search”.
- There will be some results that come out from your search. Choose application that receives good ratings and reviews from users.
- Download the application to your phone.
- Install your new credit card validating application and it can be used immediately.
2. If you are iOS phone users, you can follow these steps instead.
- Access App Store from your phone.
- On your search bar, you should type in “credit card validator”.
- Click “Enter”.
- You will see some results appearing under the search. Scroll through the options and opt for application which obtains good reviews and ratings from its users because that may indicate that it works well.
- Download the application to your smartphone.
- Install the application and the credit card validator can be used in your phone anytime you want.
How to Get and Use Credit Card Validator: Luhn Algorithm for Calculation
How do these online validators work? You should understand that most credit cards were calculated using a certain algorithm, called Luhn algorithm. Because of that, validation process also uses the same formula. In addition to learn how to get and use credit card validator, perhaps it will be useful if you learn how to validate credit card number by yourself utilizing this formula.
Before learning the formula, perhaps you should understand of what credit card number is constituted.
- Major Industry Identifier (MII) is the first digit of your credit card number which shows the industry of your card issuer.
- Issuer Identification Number (IIN) is the first six digits of your credit card number (including Major Industry Identifier) that shows institution issuing your card.
- Personal account number is the following digits after Issuer Identification Number excluding the last digit. It identifies the card holder.
- Checking digit is the last digit which is utilized to determine whether your card is valid or not.
How can you validate your credit card using the Luhn algorithm? Follow these simple steps to do that.
- Type down the digits of credit card number that you want to validate.
- Remove the last digit or checking digit from the combination.
- Reverse the digits. As an example, your credit card number after removing the last digit is 1-3-4-5-6-8 then you reverse it to 8-6-5-4-3-1.
- Multiply any odd digit within the number by two. So by using the example above you will have 8-6-5×2-4-3×2-1×2 which results in 8-6-10-4-6-2.
- To any resulting digit over 9, you need to subtract it by 9. You will get 8-6-1-4-6-2 from above example.
- Add all the digits. So you have to calculate 8+6+1+4+6+2 which equals to 27.
- Once you have calculated the result, you should look for Modulo 10 of that result. So if your addition results in 27, then you should look for 27 Modulo 10 in the calculator. The result is 7. It means that the last digit of your credit card number should be 7. If it is not, then your credit card is invalid.
Learning how to get and use credit card validator will help you immensely, whether you are consumer, merchant or web developer. The validator does not require extensive knowledge to navigate.
However, you should note that validating the credit card using Luhn algorithm in online validator does not necessarily mean the card works. To make sure that the card is working and being used legitimately, you have to contact the card issuer.